HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KGSloan

Will a 2007 clutch cable work on a 2004 model?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I went to install an MSR Raptor EZ pull adjustable clutch perch and lever, because I'm a big wuss and want lighter pull. :smirk:

When I got the new perch on, I was not able to take enout slack out to get the clutch adjusted properly. The distance between where the cable cover sits and where the end ball attaches in the clutch lever is .5" shorter than factory, and I couldn't make up the difference. I messed up my factory cable in the process of trying too.

So I would like to get the t3 cable from motion pro , but they don't make one for the steel frame wr. Anyone know if the two cables are interchangeable?

Anyone know of a way to get rid of that .5" extra between the cable housing (where it inserts into the perch) and the end of the cable (where the cable end goes into the lever)

Any ideas or help are greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

-kit

I had the same problem with my 03 when I installed a Works Connection perch. You need to use a YZ cable instead of the WR. The stock WR clutch cable has an allowance for the clutch switch that makes the cable longer.

Edited by GammaFunction

I had the same problem with my 03 when I installed a Works Connection perch. You need to use a YZ cable instead of the WR. The stock WR clutch cable has an allowance for the clutch switch that makes the cable longer.

thanks - that's exactly the info i needed. had no idea, but that makes sense. Ordering up a yz cable now :smirk:

Be sure to post the results.

will do - cable shipped yesterday and hoping to ride saturday.....

??????????

sorry this has taken so long to respond to - the cable from motion pro was a pile of crap, went with a factory yz cable and all is well now

still would like it a little shorter than a yz on the length between inner and outter cable length - as that's the issue with the factory wr cable. the yz cable is just enough different to work