Is the heat my yz450f giving normal?

I recently bought a 2004 yz450f and the bike heats up pretty fast. I started up in my driveway and I rode it down the street with my shorts and the heat was strong enough that I could feel it pounding on my legs. I don't know if this is normal but I'm back into having 4 strokes. I had a cr250 2 stroke and it wouldn't give off this much heat. I had a YFZ450 quad that also heated up quickly and did the same thing.. I'm pretty sure that was normal but I don't know if it's a Yamaha thing or a 4 stroke.. Just trying to clarify to see if everything is running fine.

It's a normal 4t thing. I wouldn't recommend wearing shorts.

It's a normal 4t thing. I wouldn't recommend wearing shorts.

So you're sayin' he should ride "Commando"????

Jimmie

I'm pretty sure that was normal but I don't know if it's a Yamaha thing or a 4 stroke.. Just trying to clarify to see if everything is running fine.

Yes, four strokes to get warm rather quick. I'm guessing it felt really warm cause you were going slow and wearing shorts. The slower you run that bike, the hotter it will run.

very normal i have ridden with shorts and know what you mean dont let them idle for long

my rm 250 hardly gets hot at all maybe because 2strokes get sprayed with fuel and oil

yes, as said above, this is normal. The 4-strokes get very hot.