HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtrider44

2005 yz450f jetting.....michigan

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have a 2006 yz450f with a full Fmf 4.1 exhaust , uni airfilter, and a dynojet jet kit. This is just a general question for you guys. When I crack the throttle it sometimes wants to die down. I don't remember what jets are in the kit but I put what they recommended. Any suggestions? I ride in west MI mostly on trails but I do go up to silverlake dunes a cpl times a yr.

Thanks guys

Hi there, I'm in Northwestern PA and ride a 08 yz450f with full fmf powerbomb and 4.1 pipe. Here's what I run for jetting.

Summer Settings for 2008 YZ450F

Main jet: 175

Pilot Jet: stock

Fuel screw (turns out): 2.5

Needle model/Clip position: 4th down

Airbox lid (on or off): n/a

Pipe: FMF Powerbomb Header, FMF Ti 4.1 pipe

Altitude where I ride: 500-1000 ft

Temperature where you ride: 65-90

Now, for this time of yr, because of the cold you'll want probly a 180 main, go 2 sizes larger on the pilot and raise the clip 2 more position. Adjust the fuel screw till the bike doesn't pop. you'll have to play more with these as I haven't done any jetting for winter riding yet. With this warm winter, I've just been running the same jetting I run in the summer.

My bike starts 1st kick all year long. Pull the choke, lean the bike over to fill float bowl, 2 pumps of gas(colder weather only), and 1 good kick. It never fails. Good Luck

Edited by Yamaryder29