Who all has a street legal wr?

Plated 2013 WR450F in my stable. Love this bike!

Mine's not street legal, but I've thought about converting it.

I have a question though. Since these bikes will overheat so quickly on tight trails or just by idling too long; how do you guys keep the bike from overheating in heavy traffic or while stopped at a traffic signal?

wile crossing the border after riding in Baja I learned to kill the engine and as traffic moves restart its not just yamahas most dirt bikes will overheat at idle.

Mine's not street legal, but I've thought about converting it.

I have a question though. Since these bikes will overheat so quickly on tight trails or just by idling too long; how do you guys keep the bike from overheating in heavy traffic or while stopped at a traffic signal?

I run straight antifreeze no overheating even with beach traffic on pacific coast hwy on a hot day. But I do like to cut through the cars when they don't hog the road.

this guy with the smiling face , just plated my 02 426 for the first time here in Michigan.  since the title comes with the bike listed as a motorcycle and not as an ATV no inspection needed :thumbsup:

'05 WR450f plated in CA. Yes, really.

Edited by nrvale0

2004 plated wr450, funnest bike I've ever owned!

Hour and half at DMV. But I got it. 2014 wr450 in calif. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402619706.090891.jpg

IMG_3476_zpsbcbc2f76.jpg

Installed the Tusk Kit and Dot Tires. Passed the inpection at the dealer, only to find out my bank will not release the title to the DMV. Looks like maybe next year when its paid off and I have the Title in hand.

Gotta have insurance, and title in hand to get a plate.

image.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402859886.864745.jpg

2013 plated in the golden state

One of my most favorite motorcycles ... Bought a 2013 this past winter, great deal that made buying used not an option!  Over the winter months I studied the PA DOT requirements that would be needed for the conversion.  As soon as spring sprung I was at the "enhanced inspection station" to get my inspection and paperwork done.  The bike blew through the inspection and I was off to get a plate ...  I've been having a blast since the plate arrived. I still need to fix a couple things, need more range, need some type of luggage capacity and need to get some handguards ...  I'd also like to get the Yamaha FI  tool to to bump up idle CO, hate to buy tool for one use!

Here are a couple pictures:

photo_1_002.sized.jpg

photo_3_001.sized.jpg

Just plated my 2009 WR450 last Saturday. What a blast. Any recommendations on sprocket sizes? I am running stock 13-50 and need to go smaller. Was thinking 13-46. Suggestions from the veterans?image.jpg

Edited by hp22402

Go with a 14 counter. This way you can crop it back to stock when you need and run it when you are doing more road miles. I was able to install up to a 16t counter with the stock rear sprocket and not having to add length to the chain. My bike is a 2004

Has anyone plated a 2004 WR450F Red Sticker bike in California?

Nah, red sticker bikes were never part of the conversion program.

I gots me a 2014 wr450 that's plated.  New, but breaking in nicely.  Awesome motor and climbing up hills, too.

All this talk about street legal WR450's is making me really want one. I have been looking for one for about a week now and have found a 07 here in Utah for 3800.... 

Contemplating trying to plate my 09 here in California guess it's worth a shot any tips from those of you that have done it here in Cali?