Who all has a street legal wr?

Just snagged an 05 that was plated. I added the tusk lights and baja designs pass. pegs and have been crusing around with my full-on dirt bike...I mean my full-on street legal dirt bike. She is alot of bike to road ride...wow I may go back to stock exhaust since the FMF is just so loud. Any thoughts?

Lexx MXe

Edited by n16ht5

'04 wr450f plated in Texas. Wish I was back in Cali Yosemite area (home town) everywhere to ride in Texas is private land. In California I can just turn right and hit forest. Here I turn right and narrowly dodge a longhorn....

07 WR450 street plated in New Brunswick Canada, it's just an easy way to get to and from the trails from home. I used the Tusk kit from Rocky Mountain ATV, it's great, I love the LED signal lights!!

Edited by Road Rage

Just bought a 05 WR450 plated here in FL.

I have a Plated 03 WR450F here in New-Brunswick, Canada

Mine's plated. Pretty easy to get plated in Montana.

I don't know if I have posted in this one yet or not but here I am.

016.jpg

025.jpg

1286.jpg

Plated 2001 WR426 since 2002. It was legal at some point, but the horn and mirror fell victim to trees, bushes, and general crash related abuse. The DOT knobbies needed for inspection were never actually ridden, and promptly swapped out for real tires. I ride maybe 5 miles of road a year, so I don't really worry about being 100% compliant. I'm plated just for emergency situations, and also to ride trails that require a plate.

Just pick up an 2001 wr 426 to go with my wr 400!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just got mine plated in Utah so I can head out strait from the house to the hills in North East Utah Cant wait for the rest of the snow to melt

I miss my wr450 on the street :(

Not reliable enough for a street bike though , 7200 and smoking blue everywhere. Got my 09 wr450 and am keeping it offroad only.

Picked up a cbr600 for street use :)

My 08 is street legal.

Don't axe me how I did it.

I rarely ride it on the street cause it ruins the knobbies.

I got a 1999 wr400 that is plated here in SoCal. I love this bike, I ride to work most days in the wash. It helps keep my little bit of sanity and keeps me from texting and driving!

Here's mine....

DSCN1222.jpg

DSCN1347.jpg

I got my tag in nj just by going to DMV. I got lucky and got a good title and tag. Now I can. Ride anywhere I want it great. I only but on a rear brake light switch and a mirror off a wr250r.

.This is my 04 that is street legal. Just use it for exploring some of the local dirt roads but do about 90% of the riding up north on the trails.

20130317_104518.jpg

20130317_104448.jpg

20130317_104420.jpg

20130317_104337.jpg

20130317_104202.jpg

20130317_104145.jpg

I miss my wr450 on the street :(

Not reliable enough for a street bike though , 7200 and smoking blue everywhere. Got my 09 wr450 and am keeping it offroad only.

Picked up a cbr600 for street use :)

My WR has 240+ hrs with a lot of hard use on the street, wide open 100+mph runs, loads of trail bashing and rev limiter bouncing.... still running hard and strong.. a little bit of maintenance goes a long ways I guess

Edited by n16ht5

I just picked up a nicely maintained 2004 WR 450 Plated, only 44 hours and around 1k miles- - totally pumped! Uncorked and all that jazz - grey/white wire removed for YZ fueling,,

Question: what should I expect for mileage to the gallon when it's uncorked? Also which odometer is best for this bike, looking for one that keeps track of TOTAL miles and speedometer in one. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Edited by whatsitmatter

2008 WR450

I phone 4 13 248.JPG

Edited by stevethe