98 400 Fried

Hey so i have a 1998 YZ 400f and was riding it recently and it just froze up. At first, it felt like the carbs were starting to get clogged and bogging for a bit, and then it just stopped and i cant get the rear wheel to move at all. Any thoughts on what it is before I start ripping it apart?

Any oil in it??

there was when I was riding it haven't checked it @tech857

i just checked it and there is little oil in it but yes there is still oil in it

They way you said it died sound like it seized up. If you pull in the clutch and put it in nuetral does it roll??

yea i can roll it around @tech857

Can you kick it over? It sounds like it seized up from lack of oil or overheating. Your gonna have to take it apart and see whats going on.

had a feeling and no i cant get it to kick at all

Its always possible somehting broke and locked up inside the clutch cover. But if that happens it would seem fine then just lock up. It wouldn't bog down and kinda slowly die like you said. Sorry

yea i am going to take it apart in the next week hopefully and know the full story

yea i am going to take it apart in the next week hopefully and know the full story

Yeah sounds like something locked up hard.. Not much way to tell unless something stabbed through the block. Just start tearing it down :smirk:

Edited by Schpenxel