HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crash279

WR450 Bog Question

4 posts in this topic

I have been fighting a bit of an uphill battle with my '06 WR450's jetting. When I got the bike, the previous owner's jetting wasn't even close. So far I have done all of the de-restricting mod's (grey wire, air box opened up, AIS & muffler baffle removed). As far as my jetting, it's as follows:

Pilot- 60

Main- 170

Needle- YZ needle from the GYTR AIS removal kit, clip on 4th (middle)

Leak- 40

Here's the problem. Now that the bike is smoothing out jetting and performance wise, it has the dreaded FCR bog. I have been researching the Boyesen Quickshot 2 and 3. I have also been checking out the R&D Powerbowl. Does anybody have any experience with any of these carb. mods listed above? Just curious if one works better than the other or if any of these are the answer to my problem.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated.

Edited by crash279

I've got the same bike, but I use the JD jet kit, and I have no issues. Have you done the o-ring mod? Or the Merge racing accelerator pump spring? Either of these will probably fix the bog, and are way cheaper than the bowls you've mentioned above. Maniac