HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JerryIUP

2008 wr450f speedo

12 posts in this topic

2008 wr450f

Is the odometer just one of the trip meters that you do not reset? Going through the new bike and trying to find the odometer and cannot. Thanks.

Did a previous owner remove it from the bike? It would be hard to miss if it hadn't been removed. The '08 would have come with the electronic odometer/speedometer stock. In fact I think Yamaha started using them as far back as '05 or '06. It's a pretty nice unit that has some neat features.

There are 2 trip meters and no real odometer on the factory speedo/enduro computer so you will have to keep track on your own. It will reset if it loses power.

Edited by swolf

Thanks guys. I have the stock unit. In the manual it says to scroll through and it has 2 trip meters and an odometer, I just cannot get the odometer to show up. If anyone has the step by step instructions to view the odometer that would be great. Cheers

If it is the same as my 07', I've never seen an odometer on mine. Just 2 trip meters. I would think that it would reset anyways if you removed the battery. Yes?/No?

My 06 has odometer, speed and 2 trip meters with timers. Even with the battery unplugged it doesn't reset

I didn't think we got the odometer in the USA because they are not sold street legal here.

FYI Spoke with Yamaha Corporate and they said the US model just has the trip meters the manual I downloaded was from Australia. Cheers

Yep, US has 2 trip meters. I use one as the odo and the other as the trip. I keep track of how many times it passes 999.