Jetting help please

165 sea level

162 2000 feet

160 4000 feet

158 6000 feet

155 8000 feet.

That is for summer temps.

In the winter, one size richer.

I don't guess, I measure them on the dyno with a wide band.

Those sizes are really one size conservative, giving you closer to a 12.5-1 a/f ratio than the desired 13-1, but the bike will run fine, and you can rule out jetting as a cause of any driveability issues.

These bikes will run ok with the main jet 5 sizes wrong, but they run really nice when it is correct.

Edited by Leardriver

Warm up your bike and run it wide open down the road with the choke pulled out. Better or worse? I am guessing worse.

Armed with that bit of info, take out the main jet and report back what you have in there. This is a ten minute exercise.

The manual is written by lawyers, who don't want your bike to ever blow up, so they make the jetting charts pig rich. There aren't too many jetting secrets any more. It's not a black art. All the info is available and willingly shared here. Now, you have to do your part and let us know what main jet you have installed right now.

Edited by Leardriver

I took the time to explain it in detail to you, and it's even easier than it sounds. I can change a main jet in 3 minutes. You can pull one out in a similar amount of time.

You are getting lots of competent advice, but no one can fix it for you over the computer. You are going to have to try some simple things, so that we can help you, or pay someone a lot of money.