HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rhinoracin

Finally got a 450

3 posts in this topic

Picked up this 09 with only 5 hours on it

IMG_20120131_2244181.jpg

I have a few questions:

- I replaced the stock air filter with a Uni, and the filter screw was very hard to get into the threads, I basically had to force it in, is this normal?

- What should I set the shock sag to?

- Where can I find white/black/red graphics for just the rear fender?

I have a few questions:

- I replaced the stock air filter with a Uni, and the filter screw was very hard to get into the threads, I basically had to force it in, is this normal?

- Where can I find white/black/red graphics for just the rear fender?

The air filter bolt should go in pretty easy. Did you have the filter aligned properly? There's a small dowel that on the back of the cage that lines up with the air box.

Set your sag to 100mm. Look on eBay for graphics.

Edited by Yamaryder29

Some replacement filter elements can be difficult to install the first several times because the sealing flanges and the dome at the bolt hole are considerably thicker. This often makes it necessary to push inward quite firmly to engage the bolt with the threads while trying at the same time to rotate the bolt and avoid cross threading all at once. Can be kind of a pain. Be sure that the cage is all the way down into the corner crease where the sealing flange meets the dome of the element, and that everything is lined up.

The bike will corner better with the sag set closer to 95mm. If you weigh more than 190 or less than 170 without gear, you should check the free sag against the loaded sag to see if the spring is OK:

http://www.tootechracing.com/suspension_tips.htm

http://www.tootechracing.com/Static%20Sag%20Suspension%20Tip.htm