wiseco crank problem

I recently had my entire motor rebuilt on my 2009 yz450 installed all wiseco parts and as he was getting ready to time the motor he realized the cam chain will not seat itself down on to the crank gear its almost as if the gear is wrong. when you install the cams the cam chain is so tight that the tensioner does not do anything. I called wiseco and they want me to have the motor torn back down so i can return it to their engineering department for inspection. anybody ever have this problem or seen of this? this is my first time using wiseco cranks and so far i feel as if i should have bought something else

I recently had my entire motor rebuilt on my 2009 yz450 installed all wiseco parts and as he was getting ready to time the motor he realized the cam chain will not seat itself down on to the crank gear its almost as if the gear is wrong. when you install the cams the cam chain is so tight that the tensioner does not do anything. I called wiseco and they want me to have the motor torn back down so i can return it to their engineering department for inspection. anybody ever have this problem or seen of this? this is my first time using wiseco cranks and so far i feel as if i should have bought something else

I have not been a fan of Wiseco cranks. They are made in china (PRC, not Taiwan) and every one I've seen looks like a substandard quality part.

The Hot Cranks crankshafts are reasonable quality and seem to have gotten better over the years and I've yet not had a problem with one.

I'd just box up the Wiseco crank and get my money back and go with an OEM or Hot Cranks crankshaft.

Edited by 2grimjim

well got the motor back apart and looking at the gear on the crank the spacing of the teeth on the wiseco crank is in the shape of a "V" very tightly spaced which would not allow the cam chain to seat down onto the teeth. The Stock Crank teeth are in the shape of a "U" spaced much wider than the teeth on the wiseco which does allow the cam chain to seat completely down onto the gear. Needless to say the wiseco crank has been returned and OEM parts have been ordered .