HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
95kawi

2010 yz 450 fender on 08

6 posts in this topic

I want to know if the 2010 yz450 front fender will work on my 08 and if it is a direct bolt on or if I have to drill new holes or something I searched but couldn't really find anything

Thanks for the reply isn't there 4 bolts do I drill the holes bigger or have to re drill the holes completly ?

There are 4 bolts, but only two need to be redrilled. Bolt your fender upside down on top of the new one and use it as a template.

The Cycra fender in the post I linked to bolts up.

Cool thanks for those answers I might just order the cycra one I just hate waiting for shipping lol

I bought one from rockymnt and drilled all four holes out. I shifted the fender forward when I did this to avoid having my fender being scratched from the airflow veins on the rad's. For my new project though I'll def buy one with predrilled holes. I also converted the 2010 rear fender to work on my bike :smirk:.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/854197-06-yz-dual-sport-swap/page__fromsearch__1

Post number 10. At the time I didn't have a white rear fender to cut up to do the mod so I used my stock blue one to cover the difference between the two styles. My plan is to buy a white stock one and cut it up to get rid of the blue plastic's. I'm doing the same thing on my black plastics that I'm putting on it.