Is Kawasaki making new KLX 450s

I wish they'd put the EFI goodies from the KX, and SS valves on the KLX and release it.

That would be ok, but I'm not interested in a FI bike until they get all the problems resolved. I don't need an injector problem miles from my truck. At the track is one thing...off road is another.

They stopped making them in 09 for the states, but in other countries like Australia we are up to 2012 models but they havnt changed since they were released late 07.

As for a new one i dont think it will happen.

What's the deal? Did they not sell well? It seems like there is plenty of room for the KLX on the market ??

Thanks for the positive feedback from my thread LOL.Along with you guys I'm bummed they won't make off-road bikes.I'm so loyal to Kawasaki I won't ride anything else.Back in '07 the 450R took the off-road market by storm,but was short-lived.If they had a 250F off-road bike I would buy one.EFI would be nice,my dad has an '08 KLX450R its a great bike.

Thanks for the positive feedback from my thread LOL.Along with you guys I'm bummed they won't make off-road bikes.I'm so loyal to Kawasaki I won't ride anything else.Back in '07 the 450R took the off-road market by storm,but was short-lived.If they had a 250F off-road bike I would buy one.EFI would be nice,my dad has an '08 KLX450R its a great bike.

My KLX450R has been great to me...4yrs and 20K miles of solid abuse.

• 3 weeks later...

They do start easy with kick,that is if your leg is strong enough to kick this beast over.I have Cerbal Palsy which affects the right side of my body.This muscle condition makes my right leg weaker than my left leg.But I've been doing leg excersises,and now I can successfully kick my dad's 450 over.

Gotcha...it's all good!

A routine I follow when kickin is 'push' it just past TDC, so the compression releases, you'll feel it click if ya kick it slow enough, then give it a healthy stroke. Doesn't take much effort if done right. I've been sitting on my garage floor, reached up and pull started it with my hand.

One drawback to a carbed 450 is they are a %itch to kick start,well atleast for me.I'm practicing kicking if I get an EFI kx250f,which are far easier to start.

I have a '11 KX250 ..kicks over super easy ... have to remember to charge the system prior to first start ... funny seeing this post in here, I wanted a KLX450 but since no longer being sold I ended up with a new KX250 ..like it but 100% happy becasue it really wasn't what I wanted...lol

current model kx450,six speed,e-start(with a decent charging system)head light,bigger tank,18 inch rear and shave some weight F@#$ Yeah would have one of them in my garage!!!!!!!!!

I just returned from a Kawasaki Product & Service school, where the KX450 was one of the bikes discussed. Believe me, you would not be happy with a KX450 as a substitute for the KLX450R. Better to stay with the KLX......you'll go faster on it.

Edited by G31m