Used 2001 YZ426F Price?

I am new to posting on this board but you guys seem to know your stuff. A friend of mine bought a brand new 2001 YZ426F last January. He is/was an inexperienced rider and bought too much bike. He is thinking about going to a new 2002 YZ250F. What is a fair and reasonable price to ask for the 426? It has been ridden maybe 5 times total and everything is stock. I know it is used and Yamaha is making great deals. I have the bike and live in South Florida. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks for all of the great info.

South Fl, man, I would be out riding a surf board! I would think that a nearly new 250F would be worth something in the range of $4500 between friends. I have seen them cheaper though...

ooops I said 250F but I meant 426F...

Originally posted by FtLYZ426:

I am new to posting on this board but you guys seem to know your stuff. A friend of mine bought a brand new 2001 YZ426F last January. He is/was an inexperienced rider and bought too much bike. He is thinking about going to a new 2002 YZ250F. What is a fair and reasonable price to ask for the 426? It has been ridden maybe 5 times total and everything is stock. I know it is used and Yamaha is making great deals. I have the bike and live in South Florida. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks for all of the great info.

I just scored a brand new 426 this week for $4835 drive out including all taxes and fees.

Originally posted by chopperman:

I just scored a brand new 426 this week for $4835 drive out including all taxes and fees.

It is a 01

Chopperman, where are you located? Did you get that price in S Florida?

Originally posted by sirthumpalot:

Chopperman, where are you located? Did you get that price in S Florida?

I got the 01 YZ 426 in Denver Co. E-mail me directly if you want details.

Thanks for the offer, I just got my own though. Cost me $5600 plus tax a couple of months ago in S. Florida.

Check the local classifieds to see what they are going for. Also check out the local dealers, I would assume that they would make some good deals on 01's about now. I got my 01 new a few months ago for $5600 (plus tax) in Delray if that helps at all. I assume that in areas where the new prices are higher the used prices will be higher as well.

Where abouts are you in S Florida? I'm in Palm Beach Gardens

The 250F is a hot bike, and there are still plenty of 426's on dealer floors. I was offered a new 426 last week for 5k out the door. Selling a used one now will be tough without taking a bath.

[i just got a 01 426 riden only 3 times, bran new and paid $4000.00. Not a scratch on it. My buddy got one riden maybe 10-15 hrs. and also paid $4000.00 The cheapest ones we found new out the door were $5200.00 in Rock Hill S.C. It seems that the dealers are ready to work with you, if you hammer them a little, so as mentioned earlier that may lower your street asking price, good luck, I wish my wife would let me have two, one as a spare for buds, but I am happy to have one for now.

[This message has been edited by TStates (edited 08-05-2001).]