Stator wiring question

Hi,

Some of you may have read while the site was being upgraded I had no spark on the WR, all pointed to the stator. Well I was right finally got the right puller and got the flywheel off and two wires have come off the stator. The green wire and the brown are loose. The question is does anyone have a diagram of where they need to be soldered into?

Thanks

Simon

The diagram doesn't show where they attach to the stator. Contact Baja Designs and see if they can provide you some info. There website has pics on how to mod the stator, but doesn't show the wire colors you are talking about. You need to talk to someone who has a stator out and in there hands looking at it. JLow

Thanks,

anyone got one in pieces, I think the green goes to the main part in at the top but im unsure where brown goes, can't really see any broken solder points.

Thanks

Simon

You talkin' about a stock stator? I have mine out right now. It's a 2007 model stock stator that I replaced with ricky. The stock stator does not have any brown or green wires. It does have yellow and white that goes into the stator itself and a red and white that goes into the little pick up coil.

Heres the pic of it, i think its stock

IMG_20120121_152712-1.jpg

The green comes of the front but i have no idea where the brown goes.

What year is the bike? Looks different than what I have.

that thing looks homemade hahahaha

;-) definatly been off before. Its off a 1999 . Is it not standard looking?

That stator is from a WR400/426 and it looks trashed and probably needs to be replaced.

that is a wr 400/426 stator for sure. i have one completely dis-assembled in the top of my tool box at home. if you can wait until saturday i can probably take a few pictures of the one i have in my roll away to help you out. please shoot me a pm as a reminder as im a bit forgetful at times.

Thanks,

anyone got one in pieces, I think the green goes to the main part in at the top but im unsure where brown goes, can't really see any broken solder points.

Thanks

Simon

Hi there - below are a couple of pics I just took of my spare stock 99 WR400 stator. It has been rewound by a company in the UK - but I can only guess the wires go to the same places as they did when new.

DSCF6306.jpg

The Green and Brown wires come over the top behind the '10 o'clock coil' and into the rear of the '12 o'clock coil' which is totally covered in brown goop.

DSCF6308.jpg

Also entering this '12 o'clock coil' is the red wire - but this comes from the right hand side.

Unfortunately I can't see inside the top coil - but that's where the brown and green disappear into.

Hope that helps ...... and good luck. Baz

Hi there - below are a couple of pics I just took of my spare stock 99 WR400 stator. It has been rewound by a company in the UK -

Just remembered who did the rewind - it was Westcountry Windings 01279 731172 (westco@fsmail.net) www.westcountrywinings.co.uk

If all else fails - they will definitely be able to help.

Cheers - Baz

Just remembered who did the rewind - it was Westcountry Windings 01279 731172 (westco@fsmail.net) www.westcountrywinings.co.uk

If all else fails - they will definitely be able to help.

Cheers - Baz

thanks mate just found them, think its going to them as Im told its goosed!

Simon

thanks mate just found them, think its going to them as Im told its goosed!

Simon

If you get a quote and it's more than you can afford let me know as the one I pictured is a spare ...... :smirk: we could do a deal maybe.

youve got pm :smirk:

If you get a quote and it's more than you can afford let me know as the one I pictured is a spare ...... :smirk: we could do a deal maybe.

Arrived today and thanks again, my god UPS are good, I know you didnt even have my address until late last night.

Its now being fitted hoping thats all the problem was.

Simon

Arrived today and thanks again, my god UPS are good, I know you didnt even have my address until late last night.

Its now being fitted hoping thats all the problem was.

Simon

Simon,

How are you getting on ? Would be great to get an update on it and whether you managed to get out on the bike yet !

I did try to update before but had issues with the site/computer.

So, stator has been installed and new oil and filter added. Kicked the bike up after a few attempts and away we go. Ive not been able to go out yet due to the weather but cant see any issues.

Thanks again. Pics to follow on your pic thread ;-)

Simon

I did try to update before but had issues with the site/computer.

So, stator has been installed and new oil and filter added. Kicked the bike up after a few attempts and away we go. Ive not been able to go out yet due to the weather but cant see any issues.

Thanks again. Pics to follow on your pic thread ;-)

Simon

That's fantastic news - look forward to the pics ! Bloody snow keeps on coming eh ? Not the best weather to venture out .... :smirk: