HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
q2quest

2004 WR450 worthiness?

5 posts in this topic

Hello all-

I'm thinking about picking up a 2004 WR450 in great condition. I previously owned a 2002 KTM 400 EXC. I'm wondering about the 2004 model year as compared to others. How is the stock suspension for this year? I'm intersted in something plush like a DRZ 400 for example. I'm also very interested in converting the bike cosmetically to the look of the 50th anniversary YZ in yellow. Is it possible to modify thinks to accomplish this look? Any and all comments welcome. Thanks!

The stock suspension is soft (compared to an mx bike). It is a bit too soft for me as I opted to buy a full YZf rear shock setup off eBay for $50. As far as the anniversary edition goes I'm not sure. I know that the '06 YZf's got yellow plastic with black tanks and the Wr didn't go to the newer aluminum frame until '07. I doubt you could modify a tank off an aluminum bike to fit a steel framed one. So your options would be to either get a company make you a custom set of decals (still left with a blue tank) or you could buy a Clarke OEM replacement in either black or yellow. I don't think n-style or one make the yellow graphics anymore but I could be wrong so you still have to have a site make you a set of decals.

Edited by 513rider

Thanks. That really is my big question....Will an aluminum framed 2006 YZ tank/seat fit onto a steel framed 2004 WR 450? I'll post this question in a new topic.

Nope.

Thanks. That really is my big question....Will an aluminum framed 2006 YZ tank/seat fit onto a steel framed 2004 WR 450? I'll post this question in a new topic.