HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R_Little

CR style brake line on a WR

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of an aftermarket CR style brake line that fits on a 2000 WR WITH THE HEADLIGHT?

Thanks

What is the differance between the cr style and the wr style?

The CR style goes direct to the caliper whereas the WR style wraps around the bottom of the fork. Apprently going direct to the caliper gives a more positive braking feel and better braking all round. I have been looking at doing this mod also. By going direct to the caliper with a steel braided line, imagine braking would be improved outta sight. I am sure that there would be guys around here that have done it. You'd have to be careful not to do too many accidental endos :)

The CR style routing takes a more direct path to the caliper as opposed to the WR's (around the bottom of the fork leg). Less distance equates to better braking response. Honda has had a patent on this for several years... apparently Yamaha :excuseme:refuses to pay them for this patent....if you look at Suzuki and Kawasaki and others....they all route the way Honda does. The result is a much stronger front brake. :)

Yamaha refuses to pay them for this patent

>> The patent expired last year >> hence the Kaw's and Suzook's CR brake routing.

Yamaha's loop-de-loop can get an air bubble formed in it, and normal bleeding will not work. :D

The CR route allows any and all air to vent up to two places: The master cylinder (brake reservoir) and the bleeder valve on your caliper.

CR IS the way to go! :)

The stainless steel line also does not expand like the OEM rubber. :D

Apprently going direct to the caliper gives a more positive braking feel and better braking all round

Actually, all CR routing does is make it easier to bleed...that said, I've had a 90YZWR since Mar'91 and never had a problem with it-the frt brake lever is as solid as any CRs I ever tried. I use a Mity-vac to bleed my brakes, though. Friends that went to CR routing usually ended up with the hose caught in the frt tire/wheel....I've never felt the need for it. :)

CR style line is routed on the outer side of the fork, but I noticed on friends TM it is routed on the inner side, between wheel and fork, wich i think is better for not catching possible branches and other pointy obstacles

a must do mod in TM style routing would be fixing the line completely on the fork protection plastic, to avoid hitting the spokes, instead just letting it move in two holders

does anybody know the length of the line for CR routing (just line, no connectors), Im about to do mine at some custom bike shop...where lines are payed by length

The loop at the bottom also can get smashed. The cr style is less likely to get messed up.

the yamaha loop is actually less prone to getting smashed as it is tucked into fork leg and under pastic cover. That said how many people do you know with a honda thats lost a barke line. Do a search on Goodridge Brake Lines they are braided and come in heaps of style(including honda style routing) and colours

I can vouch for the the Ride Engineering brake line on the WR. I have an 04 and I am not sure if they have one for the 00, but they are probably the same. In any event, call the guy up... he was very helpful on the phone for me and the brake line looks great and works awsome!!

I've got to ask. I'm new to the WR world and I'm wondering about free mods, etc. More specifically I'm seeing the "James Now" deal listed on bike descriptions.

What is this? What does it do? Where can I get one? What else can you guys tell me that will help my bike run better.

I've recently installed the Rekluse and I'm loving it and I plan on ordering the CR style brake line tommorrow.

Thanks for the info.

The loop at the bottom also can get smashed. The cr style is less likely to get messed up.

the yamaha loop is actually less prone to getting smashed as it is tucked into fork leg and under pastic cover. That said how many people do you know with a honda thats lost a barke line. Do a search on Goodridge Brake Lines they are braided and come in heaps of style(including honda style routing) and colours

don't understand WHY? I'm leaving mine just the way it is, it works awesome!

I used to think that about the brakes on my streetbike until I rode a friends that had braided lines on his. My brakes never, ever felt the same again. They always felt mushy and made me worry from that point on.

Once you know what the brake line expanding feels like, its very annoying. I feel the same thing on my 450. Braided lines are definitely in my future.

I'm a little fuzzy on the whole thing too. My stock front brake can launch me over the front at any given moment. (I have proven this several times.)

my front brakes were spongy from the show room flor. this will be my next mod.