Picked Up My Dream Bike Today

Well for the past few months Ive been trying not to purchase a new bike but today I couldnt hold back any longer, I went to my local yamaha dealer and priced out a 2011 yz450f and pulled the trigger once I felt it was a reasonable price. Ive always been a huge fan of yamahas and reading all the comments by almost every rider out there saying that yamahas arnt always the fastest but they are always the most durable and reliable, and thats what I want. Im coming off a 2005 klx300r that I had a couple years ago so I have a feeling this bike is going to be a handful to ride for the first few days.

I paid $8,000 plus 13% sales tax (No frieght/pdi/other fees) and it retails for $9400 (In canada anyway) so I was pretty happy about the deal. ?

I have been looking for months for a used bike and people want so much for beat up bikes that need hundreds of dollars to bring it back to how I like to keep my bikes so I figured I may pay nearly double but it will last me twice as long so its worth it.

Not really planning on putting any mods yet but I know Im putting custom backgrounds and an hour meter on her. Any other inexpensive mods I should look at doing? Any things I should be doing before I ride it?

Here she is in the show room:

photo.jpg

You get a tuner with the bike here in Canada and it has an hour metre function in it, although it can be reset its fine for maintenance. Take a good look at it now, it wont be so pretty when its stalled out upside down with you underneath it. Been through that with mine already.?

Hey man congrats!!! You are going to love it!!

I wanted one from the moment I saw the pre release pics and finally got an 11' a few months ago

Just a note, when I got mine I tore it down and greased the neck bearings and linkage/swing arm assembly, I'm glad I did because the guy that assembled it in the factory obviously did not believe in using any grease at all!! The neck bearings were dry and the swing arm bearings were not much better!!

And even if the dealer says they have done the pre delivery inspection, do it yourself

Enjoy the bike !

You get a tuner with the bike here in Canada and it has an hour metre function in it, although it can be reset its fine for maintenance. Take a good look at it now, it wont be so pretty when its stalled out upside down with you underneath it. Been through that with mine already.?

Okay so the computer in the bike keeps track of the hours and when I plug in the hour meter it reads it? and the dealer said yamaha will ship it to my house, or is it the dealer who should actually be giving me the power tuner?

We have no sales tax and we have free health care in Alberta. Did you have 5% GST on top of that as well?

No we just have a 13% HST (harmonized sales tax) which is just another way for the liberals to take more money from me. I lose nearly 1/3 of my paycheck to income tax then another 13% when I used that money to buy anything... FML lol. Thinking about quitting my job and go on welfare, I'd probably bring home the same wage haha.

Okay so the computer in the bike keeps track of the hours and when I plug in the hour meter it reads it? and the dealer said yamaha will ship it to my house, or is it the dealer who should actually be giving me the power tuner?

The bike tracks the hours and the tuner reads and can reset it, would be useful for buying them used if it COULDNT be reset or had some kind of permanent timer but whatever. Saves buying one.

Got my tuner through the dealer, came within a week or so. Takes some time to play with the maps to figure out what works for where you ride but its really a great tool. The plug on the bike comes off really easy with just hooking the inner tab with your fingernail, if you start digging out hooks and screwdrivers your doing something wrong. Sounds kinda silly but on my buddies 11 it took awhile to figure out how to get the plug apart, gets a little harder with arm pump too.

On a side note, if you spend alot of time low at RPM and have trouble with stalling turning the idle up helps, especially the first couple rides while its breaking in. Have fun.?