HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eflyguy

Any ideas where to find used radiator shrouds for a YZ400F?

17 posts in this topic

I want to try something out (installing fans on the shrounds) so I need a set of used plastics, or even one side (I'd prefer the right side). Nothing in the classifieds, nobody parting out a 400, I can buy new for $50 but I'd rather find something abused for less.

Also appears you can't place 'wanted' ads there, only 'for sale' ads.

Suggestions?

..a

Looked. None there, only new for $50 - like I said, don't want to cut up shiny new covers (or even mine that are new-new)..

..a

Update on this (I think I posted during the upgrade) - I got a set of beat-up, used shrouds along with a stock tank from eBay for $75. Solve a couple of issues I hope!

..a

tankandshrouds.jpg

Edited by eflyguy

Well, crap - these don't fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170762449522

Listing clearly states for my bike: yamaha yz400f yz 426 450 f gas fuel tank shrouds

.. but the tank is way too small - support brackets end up being several inches lower than the point int the frame that they bolt to. Also no way to get the shrounds on without serious bending of the parts.

I'm also now wondering, are these even the same for all years? Doesn't the 450 have an Alu frame, so the tank wouldn't mount that way anyway?

I think these are from a 250.

..a

tank.jpg?t=1327356061

wrongtank1.jpg

Oh, and there's no way to get the seat on with this tank on the bike - the forward clip is nowhere near the mount bolt on the tank.

There's a thread on what's needed to put the tank/plastics/seat from a steel framed YZ450 on an earlier bike in the Common Threads sticky under miscellaneous, near the bottom. That's a gas tank from an '03 - '05 YZ450, and won't fit without more stuff.

i have a shroud, numberplates, front brake cable cover and front fender, ill sell you for 30 + shipping ill post pics tomorrow

and they are for sure off my 400

Edited by bonehead7101

here they are, and the shroud is the right hand side, left was too dry and cracked up but you can have all this for $30 + shipping from california pm me if you want them

1327382474998.jpg

Thanks, but I want the stock tank as well now that I've seen just how badly this enduro tank blocks airflow behind the radiator!9139f2d4.jpg

..a

are you planning on using that tank, i might be interested in trading. that baja tank for my stock tank and those other pieces I pictured??