HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NVR ENDN

oversize front brake kits

8 posts in this topic

I have the galfer oversize front rotor and wouldn't suggest anything else. Its a huge improvement over stock.

I have the galfer oversize front rotor and wouldn't suggest anything else. Its a huge improvement over stock.

I had the Galfer Tsunami on my 2011.. Very very good..

My Nephew ran that disc you showed on ebay last year on his yz250f last year. While the performance was quite good. the Disc itself wore rapidly compared to others on the market.

For another $40 I'd run the EBC ($194) oversized rotor, not as costly as the Galfer ($266). Great stopping power out of the EBC, rotor wear wasn't an issue on my last one. I'd definitely buy another one if I was in the market.

Keep in mind the Galfer comes with new pads whereas the EBC doesn't, closes the price gap by around $20.

For another $40 I'd run the EBC ($194) oversized rotor, not as costly as the Galfer ($266). Great stopping power out of the EBC, rotor wear wasn't an issue on my last one. I'd definitely buy another one if I was in the market.

Keep in mind the Galfer comes with new pads whereas the EBC doesn't, closes the price gap by around $20.

I've had good luck with the EBC oversized rotor as well.

I'm curious here..... Has anyone tried just a braided, stainless steel hose? Was it a noticeable improvement, if any?

Jimmie

Edited by Diesel Goober
Capitalization correction.....

I had braided lines on my last bike...didn't notice a ton of difference. better off going with a larger rotor. You will notice an immediate result.