Acerbis Tank (again)

About a month ago or so there was a topic about fitting the 98/99 yz tank on a 01 model. If I remember correctly, the problem was that the new radiator scoops will not fit the 98/99 tank correctly. I am just wondering if anyone with an 01/00 model year has purchased the tank Acerbis has on the closeout and if you did indeed run into any problems.

Thanks

http://www.acerbis.com/closeout/closeout2001.html

I have a 01 WR426 and I replaced the stock tank with a 99 YZ426 tank. The rad. shrouds did not match up perfectly but it still works. The lower part of the shroud is pulled in JUST a little bit, but you cant even tell.

------------------

2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Works Connection Radiator Guards, Michelin M-12, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed, Gray Wire Mod.

does anybody have one of these Acerbis tanks on? does it use all original mounting, or is it crap like the IMS(which only uses 1 bolt to hold over 3 gallons of gas on the bike:confused ?? The price is right for a friend of mine who is lusting after my bike, but dosn't want to pay for a YAMAHA tank. does this tank use two petcocks(1 on each side), and how is fit, and finish?

I love my YZWR!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I know the IMS tank issue has been debated a billion times here, however, I can say that the one bolt that holds the tank on does its job for me. Remember, the tank straddles the frame cradle, the fuel adds weight, and the seat is on top of it. I've never noticed my tank move. ?

[This message has been edited by Boschk (edited 08-04-2001).]

I use one on my 01 YZF and love it. It uses all the hardware off of the original tank except the petcock and the cap and comes with the quick-fill mount if you want it. which the Acerbis comes with 2. I even bought a second set of graphics and put them on so they would line up. It still looks pretty good even though it's a little off towards the top of the tank.