Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtbikekid32

2011 wr questions

3 posts in this topic

Just picked up a new 11 WR 450..

Had a few questions, last WR I owned was an 02 426, I loved it..

Only thing i have done so far is remove the throttle stop, I ordered the AIS removal kit, but Im still collecting info before i do anything else, I plan on getting a different muffler, Does anyone know what year (if any) YZ muffler will fit the 11??

The electric start on this thing is worthless cold, and it starts pretty hard when cold even with the kickstart.. Im hoping it will get better better when i get it uncorked a bit..

Any info would be appreciated.. Thanks

Does anyone know what year (if any) YZ muffler will fit the 11??

'06 and '07 will bolt on. '08 and '09 use a bigger head pipe and need a different bushing in the mid-pipe. The FMF Q4 works very good on your machine and has a spark arrestor (YZ pipes will not have a spark arrestor, but you can install one).

The electric start on this thing is worthless cold, and it starts pretty hard when cold even with the kickstart.. Im hoping it will get better better when i get it uncorked a bit..

Any info would be appreciated.. Thanks

There's a couple of reasons for that;

The stock jetting really sucks, and the WR has a very specific starting drill to make it fire up quickly when it's cold.

Thanks for the reply,after a little more research I tried opening the throttle 3 times before tryin to start it, work like magic, bike fired right up with the button. I'm gonna put the jets in that come wIth the ais removal kit, I'll see what happens from there.