zigzag

i just bot a used yz426 2000 and noticed that when i ride it slowly 'on road' i can feel small shakes and i find it difficult to tell if its from the frond end or the rear end of the bike. i have checked the wheels bearings and the fork bearings and the discs and they seem to b ok. how can i solve this problem? can it b from a bent wheel?

It sounds like your troubles lie in the wheels. I would first check for broken or missing spokes, then I would put it on a stand and check the front and rear wheels for noticible imperfections. Also look for tire bulges and make sure that your beads are seated correctly. If this still leaves you clueless, you may want to consider taking the tires off and checking the bare rims for warpage. It is hard to notice minor rim warpage with the tires on. If you do have a warped rim I wouldn't worry about it too much as your local shop should be able to true it fair a minor charge - as long as you don't have any broken or seized spokes.

If none of this works you might want to consider selling your bike to the circus ?

[This message has been edited by Roostie_1 (edited 07-29-2001).]

What exactly are "Small shakes"? If your tires are pumped up a bit too much and you go real slow then I would imagine that the nobbies would cause some vibrations...

On the flip side, if the tires are under inflated then it may feel wallowy (for a lack of a better word)...

SMALL SHAKES MEANS THAT U CAN FEEL IT ONLY WHEN U RIDE UP TO 25 KM/H . I GUESS ITS A BENTED RIM. SHOULD I RE CHECK IT, CAUSE I HAD SO MANY BIKE WITH SO MANY BENTED RIMS AND I NEVER FELT THIS 'ZIGZAG' FEELING BEFORE

------------------