HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blitzer544

Green oil-------Help

9 posts in this topic

Ok. I changed my oil yesterday and when I pulled the drain plug the oil was green. I know the first thing I thought of was antifreeze in the oil. If this is so does antifreeze and oil mix? There was no separation of the oil. I have a big ride this weekend and I think I have big trouble. Any one have any ideas?

I'd watch out for Drew's advice. He smokes green stuff. If he asks you for a sample I'd recommend NOT sending him anything.

If you have water in your oil it'll be white or grayish and chunky... not green. (unless you're running straight antifreeze)

Also, if you're getting water in your oil, you're probably also getting oil in your water. Check for that too.

- Ryan

put some of the oil in a glass jar and shake it up. If it foams there is antifreeze/water in the oil..................

Thanks for the responses. I put the oil in a container and let it sit for hours and checked it. It never separated, so I assume everything is OK. It just really freaked me out when I saw green pour out of the bike. :)