HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eBayThumper

Anyone Ride Carnegie??

3 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Carnegie and horsepower have chewed my tire to bits. I'm wondering if there is a tire out there that can handle dry, rocky, and generally ugly terrain. I don't want another 70-80 bucks to get chewed up and spit out in only 7-10 rides.

Thanks,

Jason

I don't have much help for you as far as durability. I have had good luck with Pirelli MT18s and MT480s, but I get 5-6 rides on a prepped mx track and that is with letting them wear longer than I like. Off road I can kill a tire in 2-3 rides depending on what I am doing. You can extend their life a little by turning them around after a couple of rides. The Pirelli's seem to grip fairly well after they are worn a bit, better than most dunlops I have tried(when they are e worn also) but not as good as new.

Jason

I know what you mean. Several years ago I raced a series there and they ran us across a river bed with rocks the size of a 25" television. I put 20 pounds of pressure in my tires and still got a rear flat.

Dunlop makes a 695 that alot of guys us in the desert here in So. Cal.. I think it is called 695AT. I don't know if it will wear any better but it has stiffer sidewalls to assist with flat prevention.

Ernie