What Grips are people using?

Not a subject that I have heard talked about here. I have successfully ripped the ends off my stock grips. Time for a new set. What should I look for? Is there a difference? I don't want to get to the store and look like an idiot. It's better to do that here. Er.. I mean...well you know what I mean.

BTW are there grips designed for the brush guards? Im sure there is but thought I'd ask. Thanks again gang.

------------------

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

Bulldog, I put on the 606's that have the little rubber ridge on the finger side of the grip. So far I really like them. But haven't actually put on any serious milage yet! I'll let you know more after this week-end. From what i understand we are going to do an 80 mile loop so that should be a pretty good test. Also, i will be using 7 disk in my WB E-series based on what i've read from your experience with this setup. Gota be honest with you man, I'm skeptical!! But will give it a try. Just in case though, i'm bringing the other five with me. ?

Boy, you sure put me on the spot! I'll keep my fingers crossed. But like I said before, I am not the most qualified in that arena. :D Good luck! Dont forget your elctric screwdriver and cut-off allen wrench.

ps. You arent going to hold it against me are yah? ?

No! I won't hold it against you. ? By the way, depending on which side you look at the grips are either 909 or 606! :D I really shouldn't be repling to these things when I am dog tired...I can't remember, are you running stock jetting on your bike? I just got spoiled because when I installed my WB it came with 12 disk and I just went with it. My bike runs really good right now. I really don't feel like I need to do anything to change it. I'm not going to benefit from more power anyway. If I hit a straight away I take it wide open...stock is just about as fast as I want to go! I just don't want to lose anything. If I can make it quieter and not lose power that will be a very good thing. If it works for you it may work for me. I'm willing to try. Thanks..P

Renthal half waffle (soft compound) ?

Bill

------------------

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

I like Pro-Grip's Dual Sport Grip. They are fat but real cushy and prevent blisters big time. (you just have to get used to them)

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven

Bryan Bosch, if you should happen to find out who makes those cushions, be sure to post it. Sounds like a cool rig. Renthal or MSR. I will take a look at both. God I love this BB. Makes life so much easier. But I think my wife thinks you are all a bunch of Nympho girls I keep checking in with. ?

pmaust, my jetting is stock, and I'm sure you will lose some power at top end so don't get your hopes too high. I like the set up for ME. (Is it too obvious that I'm backpeddling?) :D Ah, what the hell, give it a try.

------------------

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

Guys, My buddy just bought the new Renthal dual compound grips and they look sweeeeeet! I like how the end section is hard rubber so if (when) I go down the end of the grip will hopefully last longer, it seems like the first thing to go on my grips is the end sections. Other than that I really like the stockers!! Dan