Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MudPig01

2000 wr400f - stalling?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I am having a bit of trouble with my wr400. The bike will idle normally but as soon as i open up the throttle, it seems to "konk" out and stall. Kind of sounds like its suffocating from lack of fuel.

I replaced the needle and seat on it today and thats when it started happening. What could i have done wrong to make it not run right?

I tried playing around with the air mixture screw and had no luck there. Could the pilot jet be blocked or something?

Any help or tips is much appreciated and will hopefully save me 150 bucks getting a mech to look at it

Thanks

clean all internals in the carb. sounds like a jet is clogged up not allowing the engine enough fuel to stay alive under load/when throttle is opened.

Has this bike always had this problem, or is this something new? How long have you owned this machine?

I replaced the needle and seat on it today and thats when it started happening.

2grimjim-He stated this in post #1.

2grimjim-He stated this in post #1.

Oh yeah, I see that now. That's what I get for not wearing my reading glasses when I'm on the computer.:bonk:

Please feel free to mock me at any time........

Oh yeah, I see that now. That's what I get for not wearing my reading glasses when I'm on the computer.:smirk:

Please feel free to mock me at any time........

:banana: Same to you! :bonk:

OP, chances are you just missed something when replacing your needle and seat. I would go back through and recheck your work. If it was running fine before you messed with it, it is most likely something simple you overlooked.