HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shez

1998 wr400

9 posts in this topic

eh up all, totally new to this forum, i ride a wr 400 daily on and off road in the uk, i dont have any issues at the moment but good to know you lot are on hand for great advice, just thought id say hello.:bonk:

I bought a 1999 WR400 brand new and rode the wheels of that damn thing. Once I got the jetting sorted out, it was a great bike!

Still riding my 98' WR400. Probably the most reliable WR made.

Agreed. The fella I sold the bike to in 2003 rode it until 2006 before puting a clutch in it and adjusting the valves for the first time. The bike was a tank though....sure wish Hot Cams made the auto-compression-release cam when I bought the bike. I might still own it.

Fellow '98 WR400 owner here too. I love this thing, did all the free mod stuff to it - grey wire ect. and it keeps right up with the new bikes. Even got a plate on it for the road!

one more wr400 owner from the uk, ive just got mine aswell, its in supermoto trim at the min, but i have got the enduro kit as well.

great bike ive done all the free mods and the valves recently.

ive just got a new set of plastics and complete sticker kit from my wife as a christmas present.

wr4002.jpg

Hey I just picked up a 1998 wr400f real cheap the other day. I have figured out the starting and what not and I love it also. Oh and what are the free mods for it?

one more wr400 owner from the uk, ive just got mine aswell, its in supermoto trim at the min, but i have got the enduro kit as well.

great bike ive done all the free mods and the valves recently.

ive just got a new set of plastics and complete sticker kit from my wife as a christmas present.

wr4002.jpg

nice, lets have some photos when the stickers are on. as for the wire mod thing i am not sure if mine is done or not? didnt uk/euro bikes come without this mod needing doing?:bonk:

not sure, i found the wire and took it out, never made any difference. sorting the valve clearances and the carb made the main difference.