HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sublime2471

Hey everyone!

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to the site I just purchased a 2000 WR with a cracked head and leaking radiators. The previous owner didn't think he needed antifreeze in Utah i guess. I have been using this website and its been really helpful lots of good information hear guys keep it up! I had radiators repaired, head welded and machined. I bought a wiesco piston and new cam chain and put the motor back together today. I should be able to take the frame and other parts off to powder coat this week. I'm really looking forward to the winter project. I'm going to try to do all the mods you guys recommended. Ill see if i can post some pictures as well. Thanks for all the information and for reading.

SaltLakeCity-20111203-00023.jpg

Heres the head before, im told the epoxy didnt work.

IMG-20111217-00039.jpg

Thats after, I had the crack welded and the surface machined.

IMG-20111217-00041.jpg

Theres one of the radators I had Mylers reniforce them well worth the $150

Im taking the frame to powder coat any sugestions? Im thinking High gloss black with metal flake.

Be absolutely sure that all the threads are protected, and the bearing seats, and that the oil tank is completely closed off.

Lookin good. I think a medium or dark grey with a hammered finish would be a good color for the frame.