Yz450 exhaust on Wr400

Just lettin anyone know who has access to a cheap YZ450 exhaust, the steel framed models will fit the wr400, probably the 426 and steel framed 450 too. My neighbor had a Pro Circuit T-4 full system from his old '03 YZ450F and it bolted right on to my '99 WR400F. sounds amazing, power increase is substantial, and now I can get to my oil filter without taking the header off! :bonk::smirk:

Got any pics of this awesomeness? I have a 2000 WR400 and was wondering if the old steel framed 450's exhaust would bolt up....you sir answered my question.

Here's a pic of my YZF exhaust on my Aluminum framed WR450F.

downsize-1.jpg

a 450 exhaust will fit if its aftermarket and the Silencer has the movable clamp that wraps around the Silencer. if the mounts are solid like a oem pipe it wont

No it's a solid mount alright, bolted right on. Header was the same diameter and everything. Like I said, full system!

Ill take some pics the next time I'm home during daylight, which looks like sunday.

I believe you.Its on your bike. I dont understand where the difference is. I did not put a 450 pipe on a 400.But I did have a 400 and 450 Silencer side by side and the mid pipe mount and Silencer mount holes varied by 3/8 to 1/2 inch.

Im glad you didn't not get a pipe off my advice.

Are you running a Yz tank too?

No it's a solid mount alright, bolted right on. Header was the same diameter and everything. Like I said, full system!

I have 2000 wr 400 used my cousins 04 yz 450 on my bike works great now have power bomb

yes yz tank too

I not sure if 98 98 are same

I dont have the yz tank. I would have gotten it, but my 5 gallon (I think acerbis?) is really good for the long rides I do. I'm pretty sure it will work on a 98 too. mines a 99 and they are pretty much the same. I think like 1 internal thing was revised, maybe I'm wrong on that. mine bolted right on. no difference in mounting holes. the only thing in the way was my rear fender a little but I was able to trim off 1/8 inch and nothings rubbing now. maybe that yz muffler you had was from an 05 or 06??