putting a fan on my 426?

would it be a good idea to hook up an electrical fan to my 426f because the pipe glows after a bit and i was wondering if it would help at all or if i should just ignore it?

that glowing looks crazy doesnt it?

I almost set the weeds on fire when I got myself stuck when I first got my 250f. That scared the Bejesus out of me

would it be a good idea to hook up an electrical fan to my 426f because the pipe glows after a bit and i was wondering if it would help at all or if i should just ignore it?

I would also love to hear about the install if someone has done it. I ride mine on the street and multiple stop lights always have me worried with my eyes glued to the temp gauge.

I would also love to hear about the install if someone has done it. I ride mine on the street and multiple stop lights always have me worried with my eyes glued to the temp gauge.

You could rig up a coupe of PC fans and a thermister probe, but you would first need a charging system. You could use a battery but that might be more of a pain than it's worth since you'd have to constantly recharge it.

You could rig up a coupe of PC fans and a thermister probe, but you would first need a charging system. You could use a battery but that might be more of a pain than it's worth since you'd have to constantly recharge it.

I have a WR stator and flywheel with a trail tech reg/rec and a small battery. I could possibly add a single small fan. Has anyone done the PC fan? How do they hold up to the elements? How well do they cool? And who makes a good thermo switch? I used a painless wiring probe type on a jeep project and it was junk. I went through 3 in the first month before I got one that lasted.

I used a Hayden brand probe on my old hot rod and it worked well.

Here's a thread where a guy installed some pc fans on a RMZ:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805094

Thanks for the link! This is definitely my next project.

after all i looked into with these bikes i found out its normal so im not going to worry about it at this time, but if anyone else does it would be cool to see what they do