HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wleonard1

84 Honda XL100S To convert to XR

3 posts in this topic

I just bought a 1984 Honda XL 100S and want to convert to an XR, by taking off all the lights, switch, speedometer etc. How can I do. What do i need to do to accomplish this task before X-mas.

Do I need any other parts from a donor bike to do this?

Please Help Me. This is a bike for my wife for X-mas

pretty simple task, simply unbolt the vulnerable parts and pack them away in a safe place. You will find electrical connections under the seat and inside the headlight that will need to be disconnected. you will also have to trace the wires back to kill/ignition switch and keep those connected. I have seen countless of these bikes with the lighting kits removed and lost rendering their value as a dualsport in the toilet. Please do your best not to let that happen to your little gem, as im sure buying a more common xr would have been cheaper than a still "street legal" xl is!!!!!Take good care of those take offs and dont let them go seperate ways from the bike and title.....

pretty simple task, simply unbolt the vulnerable parts and pack them away in a safe place. You will find electrical connections under the seat and inside the headlight that will need to be disconnected. you will also have to trace the wires back to kill/ignition switch and keep those connected. I have seen countless of these bikes with the lighting kits removed and lost rendering their value as a dualsport in the toilet. Please do your best not to let that happen to your little gem, as im sure buying a more common xr would have been cheaper than a still "street legal" xl is!!!!!Take good care of those take offs and dont let them go seperate ways from the bike and title.....

oooooor, you can send me all the lights you take off so that I can turn my XRed XL back into a dual sport! (yaay)