HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baja Designs

New Baja Designs Squadron LED Motorcycle Light

13 posts in this topic

Our Squadron motorcycle light is the next generation of LED lighting. The Squadron is designed specifically for aggressive night-time riding by combining amazing distance projection, wide peripheral spread and a smooth light pattern. This light utilizes four CREE XML LEDs - the brightest, most efficient LEDs on the market to give you a blinding 3600 lumens. Not only is the Squadron the brightest LED light on the market, but it also only draws 3.6 amps. If you’re looking for the ultimate in LED lighting for your motorcycle the Baja Designs Squadron is your answer!

Features & Specifications:

Waterproof, submersible to 3 meters

Hard-coated, polycarbonate lens

Lifetime warranty

Total lumens: 3600

Housing: billet-machined housing with stainless steel fasteners and mounts

Front Lens: hard-coated polycarbonate

Power consumption: 44 watts

Uses four T6 bin CREE XML LEDs at 5000K

25,000 hour LED life expectancy

3.069in x 3.313in x 2.765in light fixture dimensions

24oz net weight (light fixture, headlight shell, mount kit combined)

IMGP6765.JPG

Is it DC only, or will it work with AC too (as with a stock WR450)?

I have the same question!

I have the same question!
How much $$ will one of these run?

This light goes for $349.95 and the harness n switch are sold separately

The bike has to be complete DC to run this light. Feel free to Pm Me for Thumpertalk forum member pricing.

I spoke with someone at Baja Designs about this light for my 2009 WR450. I will need to buy two parts, the light (66-0100-BU), and the regulator/rectifier (12-2004).

I spoke with someone at Baja Designs about this light for my 2009 WR450. I will need to buy two parts, the light (66-0100-BU), and the regulator/rectifier (12-2004).

You will also need to "float the ground" on your stator and purchase the handlebar switch. You can do this mod yourself or send it to Baja Designs for about $30. I recently went through this when I installed my Airtime HID and it really was a piece of cake. I know we are talking about a different light here but you will need all of the same mods in order to run the new LED from what I understand. I would talk to Diego at Baja Designs, he is a good guy and answered all of my questions:thumbsup::bonk: He even happily exchanged a part from my radio headset that was defective. Thanks Diego :smirk::thumbsup:

I was also reading the thread for this light in the Honda 450X section and it looks like they are going to sell the LED light to fit in the stock shell. I wonder if there are any plans to do the same for the WR??

Jeff

I was also reading the thread for this light in the Honda 450X section and it looks like they are going to sell the LED light to fit in the stock shell. I wonder if there are any plans to do the same for the WR??

I hope they do. I like the look of the newer style WR headlight. I didnt want to change it.

I would have thought they BD would have made one for the WR first.I see more WRs dual sported. But maybe Im notice them more because I ride a blue bike

Question on this, couldn't you source the power straight off the battery since that side is rectified and buffered by the battery? Or is the charging side not strong enough for that duty? Might save some trouble if that would work.

You will need our part number 61-1049 harness and switch to run this light directly off the battery.

Diego

You will also need to "float the ground" on your stator and purchase the handlebar switch. You can do this mod yourself or send it to Baja Designs for about $30. I recently went through this when I installed my Airtime HID and it really was a piece of cake. I know we are talking about a different light here but you will need all of the same mods in order to run the new LED from what I understand. I would talk to Diego at Baja Designs, he is a good guy and answered all of my questions:thumbsup::bonk: He even happily exchanged a part from my radio headset that was defective. Thanks Diego :smirk::thumbsup:

Jeff

Thanks for kind words Jeff. We here at Baja Designs like to make sure all of our customers are taking care! :banana:

Diego

Question on this, couldn't you source the power straight off the battery since that side is rectified and buffered by the battery? Or is the charging side not strong enough for that duty? Might save some trouble if that would work.

that side of the system is DC power correct. But the stator is only producing 25watt to the battery. So you will have to float the ground to maximizes all the voltage to go through our rectifier/regulator then to the battery to run this Squadron LED light

I hope they do. I like the look of the newer style WR headlight. I didnt want to change it.

I would have thought they BD would have made one for the WR first.I see more WRs dual sported. But maybe Im notice them more because I ride a blue bike

Good idea :bonk: i will check with my R&D guys to see if this will be in the makes