HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newmanr19

wanted - wheels for XR 650L

9 posts in this topic

hehe thanks, but I said paying well, not crazy - I was in on that auction; - no offense but $300+ for a used wheel is a bit high. Yes I know what new OEM 's and aftermarket wheels cost but I've done my research on used ones and I have a limit on what I'm willing to pay.

wow; them wheels sold for over $600; nice for you, but that's crazy too much! why are people bidding so high on dinged up used wheels for the XR650L all of a sudden? I was prepared to pay $500 and that's even high.. ah well

Try building a set of wheels with stock Honda parts. I did and it cost me $600 each. I just bought a set of used DRZ wheels for $600. The hubs alone are $300+. Keep looking on E-Bay :)

eBay is crazy like that; I know.. been shopping there for four years. Not uncommon for a rear wheel to go for $250 last week (as one did), and then another one go for over $350 this week - I just don't get why someone would pay that much for used, dinged wheels (the front wheel had a big ding; even though it was straightend, the wheel sold for almost $300)

For a few hundred more you can buy a NEW set of Excel wheels fully laced, trued and much higher quality then stock (lighter, stronger, cooler looking etc.) - heck, I've even seen good used Excel wheels go for less then that on eBay..

I just don't get it.

I guess it boils down to supply and demand. If you don't pay for a used wheel you have to buy new and that cost $$$. Wheels for a DRZ is even worse. Now if it wasn't a dual sport bike they would be a dime a dozen. I was told by my buddy that he picked up new KTM wheels for about $350 each. :)

Got a '04 XR650L - I may have my OEM 's available "when" my motard wheels arrive. I said "when"...whew... Shoot me an offer... THX