Used 2008 yz450f

Hello, I'm new to this forum and just getting back into riding dirt bikes coming from mountain bikes. I just bought a used 2008 YZ450F from a guy. He said that he hasnt ridden it in at least 7 months and the fuel is old. I ordered new decals and brakes for it and got them in today. I got the decals on and had to leave work. I had it in the truck and met my mountain bike buddys for beers and bond fire. At the end of the night I started the bike up and let it warm up. The pipe coming straight off the engine was red and orange in color like it was burning hot. Do i have a bad engine? Effect of old gas and oil? Jetted to lean? What should I do? Thanks so much for your input! Sorry if grammar is bad, Ranger IPA tasted good tonight?

Thanks again!

The pipe coming straight off the engine was red and orange in color like it was burning hot. Do i have a bad engine? Effect of old gas and oil? Jetted to lean? What should I do?

That was your hazing. Laugh it off. It's normal, but everybody freaks out the first time they see it. Read: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236304

Ditch the gas, though.?

Thanks guys! I'll defiantly take the hazing! I was thinking I had much bigger problems. I've been worried about buying a used 4 stroke and that just freaked me out. Since I do have a used bike should there be anything that I should check before I go ride hard?

Thanks

It scared me the first time too! They all glow but you can only see it at night or in a dim garage. I think i started a "glowing pipe" thread on here at one point myself.

Pour a little Seafoam in your first tank of gas. Cleans up stored bikes pretty nicely on your first ride.