HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dgrimmy

CR Brake Routing?

2 posts in this topic

In one of the magazine reviewing the WR 250/426 they talk about modifying the bike to CR style brake routing (inside of the fork leg). I've called White Brothers who sell the Fastline brake cable but it is for YZ only and is said to be an inch longer than the WR cable so it won't work. I've gone aftermarket with the top clamp and have Tag CR High bars so it may compensate a bit of the 1" cable length discrepency.

Has anyone had any experience with this on a WR? Is it worth it? Would the YZ cable work given my current clamp/handlebar setup?

Thanks in advance.

I think you'll find that the WR front brake line is longer than the YZ because it is routed up and over trip counter then behind the light, the YZ goes straight down infront of No. plate.