HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingbrian24

worst seat ever??

25 posts in this topic

Is it just me or is this the most painful seat ever? Given the bike now has roughly 70 miles on it now, but will it break in? I put sixty miles of fore roads, sand washes and California desert trails from severe inclines and declines with sand and rocks and anything else you can imagine, now my ass is so bruised it even hurts on my bean bag watching the chargers game! ***!?!

When I do rides of 80 or more miles, I wear some good padded bicycle shorts underneath my riding pants. Helps a lot.

The Yamaha seat is most definately NOT the most uncomfortable seat in the world. That distinction goes out to the KTM seats. Those things are brutal!!! Maniac

The Yamaha WR450 seat definitely ranks among the worst. Don't wait to join the "tuff ass" club, ditch the POS now and go with a GUTS seat.

Yeah the first day I rode I put about 13 easy miles and was a little sore now its just painful, lol.. i rode a buddys 450x a full day about two years ago and its was no problem.. this sucks.. so whats the deal on the guts seats there another gel seat i saw an ad for pop up on here any opinions?

Is it just me or is this the most painful seat ever? Given the bike now has roughly 70 miles on it now, but will it break in? I put sixty miles of fore roads, sand washes and California desert trails from severe inclines and declines with sand and rocks and anything else you can imagine, now my ass is so bruised it even hurts on my bean bag watching the chargers game! ***!?!

I kind of like the firmness compared to my old 650R seat. Much easier to move around on, but definitely not designed for purely sit down only riding.

And I find watching Charger games lately are painful no matter what I sit on.

I usually give my body a good long ride to adjust to a seat, but the WRF isn't even close to the most painful plywood seat on a motorcycle.

I think the seats are pretty decent, actually. I've had a few KTM's that are just stupid firm.

I dont think the seat was made for sitting on.. this isn't a cruiser, lol. The seat is firm enough so that it'll hold you in position, and you can slide around on it as you need, given the situation. You should be standing up more. :lol:

you guys are girls theres nothin to bad about a ktm seat. i run the stocker seat and u get used to it if u just suck it up. keeps u from getting lazy

depends how you use your bike. if I do 50-80 mile trips it feels ok, but when I go out for 2-3 day trips (500-600 miles total) my ass definately beggs for a softer seat. I mean you just cant ride all day long standing up. my 08 wr450 seat is much firmer than the seat on my yz of the same year. think thats due to a lack of foam on wr seat as it have to carry a battery underneath.

Never has a truer statement been spoken:

"you guys are girls theres nothin to bad about a ktm seat."

In fact, the seat is probably the only redeeming part of a KTM!

i have an 05wr and because the battery is right under your butt the seat is thin. it is a hard seat. 6 years into it and mine is no softer than new. wider pegs and taller bars so you can stand more help. as a raider fan i enjoy the pain norv and the bolts are bringing you. pound sand phillip rivers:moon:

My arse has sort of hardened up to my WR450F seat over time.

Still, I plan to shave it down a bit in the near future to try and make it a little shorter. I'm only 5'8" and I'm sick of struggling to hold the bike up when I'm in really difficult terrain!

Greg