HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426 hemi

99 cr250 jetting need help!!

12 posts in this topic

I took my cr out the other day and its getting cold so its a little lean with a 55 p jet 178 m jet mid clip on the needle so i put in 182 m jet and a 58 p jet now if i roll on the gas it pulls nice but if i wack it off idle the bike stalls im lost need help!!

i live in maine 0 elev and its in the 40 s

Mess with the air screw. Sounds like turing it in (richer) would help you out. Also try dropping the clip on the needle a notch (raise the needle). the air screw will mostly effect the idle to 1/8 throttle and the needle will be 1/8 to 1/2.

I took my cr out the other day and its getting cold so its a little lean with a 55 p jet 178 m jet mid clip on the needle so i put in 182 m jet and a 58 p jet now if i roll on the gas it pulls nice but if i wack it off idle the bike stalls im lost need help!!

i live in maine 0 elev and its in the 40 s

Stock jetting for you is 42 pilot 190 main. r1370dka needle clip 3rd from top.

Honda service manual suggests 42 pilot and 198 main needle clip fourth from top for your elevation and temp. Looks like you are still a little lean with your current jetting.

1 person likes this

my 99 has the power jet carb so that is not going to work but thanx

Are you sure it's a 99? The 97' and 98' CR 250 came with the power jet carb. In 99' the CR 250 carb didn't have a power jet.

Are you sure it's a 99? The 97' and 98' CR 250 came with the power jet carb. In 99' the CR 250 carb didn't have a power jet.

This is correct. However someone may have fit a 97 or 98 carb to it.

how old is that top end? worn rings will show lean. possible you are chasing jetting with a worn top end?

if stock jetting is 42 on the pilot and youre at 58, i think you may have a different issue. even in 40*f weather that seams pig rich.