brand new 2011 wr450 concerns

Hey guys so I just brought my brand new 100% stock 2011 wr450 home and I couldn't resist that a quick run down the block before putting it away for tomorrow.. I read through alot of stuff and saw the glowing header is fairly common.. I ran it for maybe a minute with the choke on and flipped it off took it for a real light low rpm third gear run to the corner same thing back and it seemed to run a little ruff not wanting to idle and what not.. when I pulled up to.the house the header was nice and bright.. my main concern is I plan on just for the break in leaving it completely stock, but is this safe for break in or should I look in to some jetting immediately?? It was cold as shit too.. probably in the 40* Fahrenheit range.. once break in is all good ill be doing all the free miss for sure..

The header is nice and bright because its running way lean. That's how they set it up stock. Get it jetted correctly for where you ride. (JD Jetting) Get an adjustable fuel screw (flexjet) and dial it in. That will take care of the glowing header.

I normally need to open up my fuel screw almost two turns to get it to run at my house. . I live at sea level and I am jetted for 4000-6000 feet where I normally ride. It runs perfect where I ride.

Don't wait, do the jetting and the free mods now.

I just bought a brand-new leftover 09 a few months ago, and didnt even start it until I had all the smog crap off and had it jetted correctly. The bike isn't gonna run worth a damn until you get that junk off. It'll only make you regret buying the thing... don't waste your time. Take it apart asap and at least rejet and remove the baffles/throttle stop.

While you have it apart, you really need to grease your suspension bearings, and you headstay bearings. It will make you sick to see how dry they are from the factory.

Sorry for my ignorance, but why change the coolant? And also you say seat the rings then 3 heat cycles? I spent Sunday doin a few heat cycles though, I was under the impression that was seating the rings.. and stupidest question yet is: any links on jetting, I'm on my phone only, no real computer available.. I'm completely capable, just never done any jetting on my own and want to learn.. BTW I'm a so cal rider around 3000-3500 feet, around 60 degrees average.. no bog and after running it the next never had the glowing header again.. (I know I still need to jet it)..

Sorry for my ignorance, but why change the coolant? And also you say seat the rings then 3 heat cycles? I spent Sunday doin a few heat cycles though, I was under the impression that was seating the rings.. and stupidest question yet is: any links on jetting, I'm on my phone only, no real computer available.. I'm completely capable, just never done any jetting on my own and want to learn.. BTW I'm a so cal rider around 3000-3500 feet, around 60 degrees average.. no bog and after running it the next never had the glowing header again.. (I know I still need to jet it)..

Stock coolant usually has tap water in it; not good. The 'dealer' puts it in, not the factory, so you never know what you are getting.

Seating the rings is just a matter of short bursts of full throttle at many different rpms, on a fully warmed up motor.

The jetting sticky in the FAQ sticky at the top is full of all the info.

A JD Jetting kit removes the guess work.