Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaw_04_250f

From 2006 Kx250f to 2008 YZ450f..... Wow!

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I just picked up an almost new (5hrs) 2008 Yz450f a few weeks ago and have a few rides on it and so far I love it. I am 50 and enjoy riding with my 16 yr old son and I have wanted to know for a while why a lot of the vet riders were on 450's..... Now I know. I have some questions and a few impressions but I have been reading the sticky's and searching to try to answer most of them. I just wanted to introduce myself to this forum and apologize for my bad decision on a screen name a few years ago:smirk:

... I have wanted to know for a while why a lot of the vet riders were on 450's..... Now I know.

There's no replacement for displacement.:busted:

Welcome into the light. :busted:

I have just recently bought a 2011 450, I have raced a very modded WR 250f, yz 250 2t, and my last race bike was a YZ 250f, I am a big guy and have had to run the gearing really low on the 250f's to get the most out of them especially in 5th with a wr box in the YZ 250f,

I had to wring their necks all the time, and the low gearing meant I was constantly shifting,

I never wanted to jump to the 450 as I thought the extra weight would be a problem, but I was so wrong!

I cannot get over how much the extra power helps, I am so much faster and I'm just riding the same,

I totally agree, ther is NO replacement for displacement, especially when you weigh 103kg's

I should have done this years ago !!!!!!