HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wr-426

did I, or didn't I?

4 posts in this topic

had to vent my frustration after completely reassembling my engine and not being sure whether i replaced that little dowel and o-ring that carries oil between the two halves of the cases. now i am faced with the dilemma of whether to tear it all down again and check, or whether to put the bike back together anyway. i will probably spend more time deciding whether to do it or not than if i just do it.

i think we have all done something like this at some stage and been extremely pissed off at ourselves.

split the case.

sucks to hear, but there's a reason why it's there. It's better safe than sorry.

had totally resigned myself to the fact that i was going to have to tear the engine down again, when i realised why i had a dowel (had picked up a collection of dowels from the wrecker) and also i could look through the oil gallery and could clearly see the dowel inside. so relieved not to have to do all that work again. now i am waiting for my frame from the sandblaster.