HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corsicaltz

03 yz450 backfiring just traded for it

2 posts in this topic

im new to fourstrokes i just traded my banshee for a 03 450 with a fmf header/pipe. i dont know what all is dont to it other then that but it does have about of little add on's, it deff was a race bike the number plates have say 155 with Huber under them. so the kid i got it from didnt know much about it he traded for it to. so here i sit knowing nothing about the bike other then whats on the outside it fires up but back fires very very bad and will grow header with only a couple secs after starting it. i cleaned the carb to make sure it wasnt just plugged up which it wasnt, today i pulled the main jet out and its a 170 im in ny at about 2000 feet above sea level. if anyone is in upstate near cobleskill i could really use some help from someone that knows something about this thanks