HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yzf_Buz

Bash gaurd ?

22 posts in this topic

I am looking at buying a bash gaurd for my 06 Yz 450, so who makes the one with the most protection ?

I've got one of the Richochet brand guards. It's reasonably priced and the protection is good. I was kind of surprised at how heavy it seemed though.

Someone told me to look into a Moose one, they were saying it provided the most protection to the side casing.....is this correct ?

Thumpertalk makes a good one, for a good price. I have one for my '06, and like it.

Jimmie

Added in EDIT:

My TT skid plate came with a clamp & a size 40 torx screw for that clamp. My only real "snivel" about the plate was that I could never figure out where the clamp & screw are supposed to go. :busted: It mounts up great with the supplied screws at the stock glide plate locations, & the protection is really good, I feel.... :busted: Anyone know who makes these for TT?

Edited by Diesel Goober
forgot something...

Thumpertalk makes a good one, for a good price. I have one for my '06, and like it.

Jimmie

Added in EDIT:

My TT skid plate came with a clamp & a size 40 torx screw for that clamp. My only real "snivel" about the plate was that I could never figure out where the clamp & screw are supposed to go. :busted: It mounts up great with the supplied screws at the stock glide plate locations, & the protection is really good, I feel.... :busted: Anyone know who makes these for TT?

My Ricochet was the same way, with no instructions. I ended up putting it where it could hook over the left lower frame rail. My guess is that it's mainly there to stop it from vibrating and making noise.

My Ricochet was the same way, with no instructions. I ended up putting it where it could hook over the left lower frame rail. My guess is that it's mainly there to stop it from vibrating and making noise.

Pretty much the same things here, RiderX. I did get a really small slip of paper with a few printed words, but no pictures, or mention of where the clamp went. :busted: Also, you made a really good point about the increased engine noise from these alum. skid plates. I'd read different threads about this noise, and still forgot to put some strips of rubber between the frame & guard..... :busted: (credit for that solution goes to Grayracer513, I think.....)

Jimmie

Pretty much the same things here, RiderX. I did get a really small slip of paper with a few printed words, but no pictures, or mention of where the clamp went. :busted: Also, you made a really good point about the increased engine noise from these alum. skid plates. I'd read different threads about this noise, and still forgot to put some strips of rubber between the frame & guard..... :busted: (credit for that solution goes to Grayracer513, I think.....)

Jimmie

I didn't put any weather stripping on mine either, but I might next time I have it off. Mine isn't all that noisy, except when rocks hit it....which makes a very loud clank sound.

I got the Moose Eline carbon fiber plate for my 07, 06 will be the same. Great protection, easy install, light weight, and wraps around the engine for max protection.

I got the Moose Eline carbon fiber plate for my 07, 06 will be the same. Great protection, easy install, light weight, and wraps around the engine for max protection.

Here is the link to the carbon fiber guard, if you look around you can find it cheaper. These things are super tough, my friend has had the same CF guard on 4 different ktm 520/525's and we ride alot of rock. They take a beating.:busted:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&vehicleId=5634&navTitle=Dirt+Bike+Parts&webTypeId=90&webCatId=19&prodFamilyId=927

Devol makes one that's passable. It's what I use, but If I was to do it over, I'd go with the Scorpion Racing plate:

http://scorpionracing.ca/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=131&Itemid=26

Click on the image for more photos.

What is it about this one that sways your judgement over other manufacturers models ?

Edited by Yzf_Buz

What is it about this one that sways your judgement over other manufacturers models ?

With the Devol , it was price, quality, and fit.

With the Scorpion , it's the same thing, but with better coverage of the sides.

With the Devol , it was price, quality, and fit.

My friend has a Devol on his 04 WR450 and that thing is very thin and bends up easy. Never heard of those Scorpions but they look decent.

Thanks Gray I just talked to Scorpion and ordered the HD bash guard, so I will see in a few days.....:busted:

Whats everyones opinions on glide plates or the heavy duty plates with the fins? Are the fins jus in case you lay it down?

Scorpion also makes some very nice radiator cages and guards.

with the gytr cages I have I couldn't run their guards and the fella told me he isn't making their cages for an 06...:busted: