HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4fatty

yet another AP question...

4 posts in this topic

I have a 05 yz450f stock exhaust , intake, 165 main 48 pilot. Has not been running right since i bought it off a guy that had no idea about anything. Finally have it running somewhat decent (thanks to TT). I have the same problem as alot of others here, she chokes when you crack the throttle. I have done the O-ring mod, (which helped it) carb is spotless etc. I have adjusted the screw for the AP and found that when the screw is all the way out it runs the best, but not perfect. The screw is just about to fall out. Does this mean i need a bigger leak jet? Or am i overlooking something?

I have adjusted the screw for the AP and found that when the screw is all the way out it runs the best, but not perfect. The screw is just about to fall out. Does this mean i need a bigger leak jet? Or am i overlooking something?

Are you talking about this screw?

If so, then it indicates to me that the pump shot is either too big or too early, and if the PO replaced the stock leak jet with something smaller, then yes, it may need a bigger one.