HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onelik

I need HELP with 2011 yz450f maps for yosh rs-4 slip on gytr tuner

12 posts in this topic

So I bought the yosh slip on for my 2011 yz450f and a k&n filter I have not installed them yet because I dnt know if I have to put in a custom map on the gytr tuner or if I should just install the new parts and ride the bike without using the tuner. Does anyone have the same setup or if you have any recommendations for custom maps on the tuner? Any advice will help.

You don't have to but will probably want to. You'll notice a change in performance regardless, not necessarily an increase but a change. You will probably be happy using the jay marmont map. At least give it a try. Try some of the yamaha maps listed too. Thats the nice thing about it, only takes minutes!

You don't "have to" change the map. Judging by the black soot on my exhaust outlet I know the stock map is pretty rich already. So you might find with the yosh slip on it's perfect without doing anything.

I'm going with a GYTR/FMF slip on. I expect the effect will be a little more top end and a slight overall leaning to the point of being almost perfect. I'm so happy with the way the thing runs now I don't really even want to screw with it, though I know it can be even better...:busted:

As far as the K&N...eh. Why bother. The last thing this bike needs is more weight in the airbox for no gain in performance and less effective filtration.

I have both and run stock. A buddy of mine does as well. The stock map is what this pipe was designed for and any change is for the worse IMO.

So I bought the yosh slip on for my 2011 yz450f and a k&n filter I have not installed them yet because I dnt know if I have to put in a custom map on the gytr tuner or if I should just install the new parts and ride the bike without using the tuner. Does anyone have the same setup or if you have any recommendations for custom maps on the tuner? Any advice will help.
Try it with JUST the Pipe first. I've tried a dozen different maps and keep going back to stock. The Marmont map was only good for WIDE open high speed tracks for me.

I have both and run stock. A buddy of mine does as well. The stock map is what this pipe was designed for and any change is for the worse IMO.

Did u notice a big power difference with pipe and filter? Did it help the top end at all?

Did u notice a big power difference with pipe and filter? Did it help the top end at all?

Sorry. I meant both the pipe and tuner, meaning I have tried many maps and end up back on the stock map every time. I do not have the K&N filter so your results may vary :busted:

I have that pipe and have tried a few maps. My favorite is the GYTR "sharp". The Marmont map is good too. Either way the bike has smoother power through the entire range with the slip on. I'd suggest opening up the intake a little also(cutting some holes in your shrouds). That seemed to make the throttle response even quicker.

I have that pipe and have tried a few maps. My favorite is the GYTR "sharp". The Marmont map is good too. Either way the bike has smoother power through the entire range with the slip on. I'd suggest opening up the intake a little also(cutting some holes in your shrouds). That seemed to make the throttle response even quicker.

How about Cycra shrouds ? arn´t they suppose to increase airflow ? (of course holes are less cost but...)

Yeah, those are nice(cycra shrouds). I think I'll get a pair once I replace my smashed in right radiator.:busted: