HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steel Panther

gas pooring out carb drain

5 posts in this topic

The last time I rode was two weeks ago and the bike(09 450) was running great. I just got to the track right now and turned on the gas and gas is just flowing out the drain tube on the bottom of the carb. Can anyone tell me whats wrong, or if there are any quick fixes?

the drain screw may have vibrated loose; try tightening it down with a phillips screwdriver first. if that doesnt fix it, ur float may be stuck and u may need to remove the bowl to inspect/clean/"unstick" it.

Stuck float, or dirt under the float needle. Shut the gas off, start it and run it for a bit. Turn the gas back on and off a couple of times to keep it from dying. A lot of times, this will shake loose/wash out whatever is preventing the fuel shut off at the needle, and things will be OK afterwards.

Thanks a lot guys, I gave the bowl a few taps and it stopped, im now going to what grey said for extra precaution. Thanks for saving my riding day