Upgrading to a 2011 YZ450F

Hi guys

I am in the process of purchasing a new 2011 450 from my local dealer (I should be have the bike in 2 weeks time :bonk:), I will be hopping off a 2008 KX250 2 stroke.

The dealer is also giving me a free GYTR power tuner for the bike.

My question is.... how much fun are the new FI 450's ?? as this will be my 1st FI model (I use to race on a RMZ 450 back in 2005).

and i am also going to have to change my username some how :busted:

I am going to race MX and Enduro with the bike.

Any advise and things to look out for will also be great :busted:

Congrats! Hope you like yours as much as I like mine! Don't worry about your name HRC rides one (for now) :busted:

Since you have a tuner, use it to set your idle speed at 2100 min and it wont stall as much and start easier. Most will tell you to grease everything like any new bike but mine had tons of grease for some reason????? If you haven't check out the different maps in the EFI sticky. A common prefered one is Jay Marmont. I prefer the woods and GYTR map for smooth powerband. Other than that enjoy!

I work for a Yamaha dealership, as for the common no grease issue... When we recieve a bike it's in a crate and the wheels, handlebars, ect are not yet installed.

Most dealership have a lot boy who knows how to turn a wrench and understands Tq. specs putting these bikes together. Not all lot boys are created equal, We always use grease on the linkage and wheels when prepping bikes. But yamaha, kawa, honda... all have detailed instructions on preping a bike and I don't believe they mention grease (confident there greased proper at the factory I suppose).

Anyways... the new FI bikes are amazing, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. and congrats!

Hi guys

I am in the process of purchasing a new 2011 450 from my local dealer (I should be have the bike in 2 weeks time :bonk:), I will be hopping off a 2008 KX250 2 stroke.

The dealer is also giving me a free GYTR power tuner for the bike.

My question is.... how much fun are the new FI 450's ?? as this will be my 1st FI model (I use to race on a RMZ 450 back in 2005).

and i am also going to have to change my username some how :busted:

I am going to race MX and Enduro with the bike.

Any advise and things to look out for will also be great :busted:

You'll like it, it's FUN! Of course it's a lot diff than a 2-smoke. Power to the ground, ALL THE TIME.?

2-strokes are fun too, just a different kind'a fun.;-)

The FI YZ's hit pretty hard at the bottom; you might like that, or you can tune that out with your tuner (or slip-on muffler.)

I swapped the stock muffler with aftermarket, which eliminated the abrupt bottom, and added some to the top end . . . it worked so well I'm not even getting a tuner.