Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Westy

Help on Part No.'s Please

3 posts in this topic

Hope you can help me,

Finally aquired a new Bike, as you may remember I had mine stolen before Xmas, but now I'm back !

I intend to advance the timing and re-jet, I have been monitoring the posts and intend to go with Clark's DVP needle setup, but my local store wants frame and engine no.'s to supply correct components, but the muppet carn't get it into his head that I dont want standerd WR parts.

I have checked out Ronnies Micofiche and have got a list of part no.'s for the 99 model YZ where I have the 00 WR, are these part no.'s compatable with my carb.

Thanks in advance. :)

------------------

00,WR Curently Undergoing F.U.B.A.R. Procedure

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 04-17-2001).]

Originally posted by Westy:

…but my local store wants frame and engine no.'s to supply correct components, but the muppet carn't get it into his head that I dont want standerd WR parts.

Doncha just hate that?

Originally posted by Westy:

…are these [YZ] part no.'s compatable with my [WR] carb.

Yes.

But don’t use the ’99 PNs for pilot jets, they will not fit in your ’00 carb. Yamaha created the Flat CR for ’00, replacing the FCR. There are probably other differences as well, so try to use ’00 PNs for other parts, but other than jetting the WR & YZ carbs are the same for the same year, and the needles will fit any similar sized FCR.