HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HRC

Stewart´s slim JGR Yamaha...

54 posts in this topic

Notice how slim Stewart´s new JGR Yamaha looks compared to his 2011 San Manuel bike ! :busted:

I know JGR use Cycra shrouds ...but doesn´t these shrouds look even more slim than the usual Cycra shrouds ? :busted:

2011 bike:

stewart-in-dallas.jpg

2012 JGR:

bubpic.jpg

Yeah, definitely slimmer (than the '11). Not rocket science. They could easily be made slimmer. I wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha came out with a redesign of the airbox/intakes/shrouds next year.

The picture above actually looks like the 2 piece oem shrouds/airbox intake. The cycra piece doesn't have that much curve at the front of the airbox intake.

They are slimmer and different no question and they are not cycra shrouds. The pic you posted in your other topic shows this.

Carbon fiber Shrouds??? Where?? lol. I highly doubt it.

there's no difference in the shrouds between 11 and 12, just the way the pic looks...

Carbon fiber Shrouds??? Where?? lol. I highly doubt it.

there's no difference in the shrouds between 11 and 12, just the way the pic looks...

Did you not look at the picture I posted?

Did you not look at the picture I posted?
I did. If you look closely in the area at the rear end of the center slot, below the Toyota logo, you can see that the carbon fiber look is a part of the graphics, not of the construction of the shrouds.

looks like CF to me, but what do I know.... also looks narrower to me, 2011 has 3 louvers and the 2012 version appears to have 2....

Definitely in the graphics

+2 not to mention cf would be heavier than plastic and would crack not bend in or should i say when he crashes.

also looks narrower to me, 2011 has 3 louvers and the 2012 version appears to have 2....

Looks narrower to me too. Maybe thinner but taller rads?

Getting it to feel less like a pig and more like a Kaw.

The one piece JGR shrouds are most likley a little slimmer than stock but the black color on the lower part makes it look a lot slimmer

Looks like it doesnt flair out as much past the radiators as the before. Looks just as wide though!

The shrouds them self's may not be carbon fiber, ill give you that one matt but to say there is no difference between the two makes me think you dont have a 2010 or better yz450 because they are so clearly different. One thing no one seem to thought of, they may have lowered the rads and tucked them in more and used aft-mkt just a thought the jgr bike is clearly slimmer no illusions