Stewart´s JGR Yamaha...

The JGR bike shown in the JS7 pressconference was pretty lame with the stock tripleclamps and stock suspension. Did find a pic of the real deal !

The pressconference:

james-stewart-press-conference-photos-14_gallery_large-1.jpg

The real deal:

294572_10150342734113031_73232503030_8246620_175287727_n.jpg

I believe this was a smart move by Stewart. He knows the bike, just a much better organised team around him with better structure and clever people involved.

If Yamaha can´t give him the parts he need JGR produce their own parts.

And I bet he got a real good paycheck also ! :-)

Did yamaha drop him , when he got in a jam with the cops ?

Did yamaha drop him , when he got in a jam with the cops ?

No no, they did not. Yamaha still support him in 2012. But I guess JGR will use most of it´s inhouse parts rather than the factory Yamaha parts....or maybe a combo ?

why would they haul around a $100,000 bike for pics, look at how low they mounted the hole shot devise on the top pic.

look at how low they mounted the hole shot devise on the top pic.

Holy crap, that is low.

Looks like a different shroud/airbox on the legit bike... I read jgr was getting custom thinner ones made for james.

What's the big deal that they didn't have a spec race bike for him at the press conference?

What's the big deal that they didn't have a spec race bike for him at the press conference?

Who said it was a big deal ?

Just a note.

Looking fast ! :busted:

301903_10150371284912745_30727917744_8455477_627041127_n.jpg

302971_249412725108702_167174796665829_640892_1574918006_n.jpg

Edited by HRC
Holy crap, that is low.

They will have too use a comealong to get those forks sinched down.

Does anyone know what kind of spring is that on the rear shock and what is sticking out of the compression adjuster?

I think the bike looks great, and he looks great on it. He will be fast on it just like he is on anything he throws a leg over no matter how "bad" it is. I think the bike will be much better than his previous Yami. He will still have to ride smarter for those "better characteristics" to show through. If he rides it like he did last year he will be in the same situation. I hope he can pull it together and put the bike on the podium like it should be. On a side note I think its gonna be one hell of a battle for the top spot, whatever color the bike is.

I liked when JGR bikes had the red/blue seat cover better, just my opinion..

Ok so you proved me wrong, but... Me too! I have a JGR kit sitting at home in the package that I bought about a year ago (2010 kit I think)... the red seat gives the bike the "complete" factory look!

Anyways, anyone have a clue what the extra "stuff" is on the shock resevior?

Ok so you proved me wrong, but... Me too! I have a JGR kit sitting at home in the package that I bought about a year ago (2010 kit I think)... the red seat gives the bike the "complete" factory look!

Anyways, anyone have a clue what the extra "stuff" is on the shock resevior?

The picture I saw had a blue and black seat that looked just like the stocker.

p_89559.jpg

THis one

My system here blocks photobucket, can't see. The one I saw on google picks had a blue top with black sides and said Yamaha really small on back sides, looked almost the exactly like my 07' seat but the with the colors reversed.

Got ya... the one Im talking about has a blue tip at the very front, black middle and red rear and sides. I think they should run something similar on JS's bike.